The 21st Annual Rosendale International Pickle Festival
Celebrating 21 Years of PickleFest!
THANK YOU FOR COMING!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2018
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Admission: $5 per person/ Kids free
Location: Rosendale Recreation Center
1055 Route 32 South, Rosendale, New York, 12472
- Rain or Shine! We do not cancel.
- The festival is held in large tents out on the grassy field of our rec center.
- DRESS WARM!! The tents have walls but are not heated.
- 4,000 – 5,000 people visit the Pickle Festival every year.
- We host about 100 vendors.
- There’s about 20-25 pickle vendors, in addition to craft, grocery and hot food vendors.
The Rec Center parking lot fills up fast. We are still working on providing shuttle buses. Drive up and look for alternate parking signs.
2018 Contest Results
- Dill pickles – 1st place – Jered Haag score 87
- Dill Pickles – 2nd place – Backyard briners score 75
- Sweet Pickles – 1st place – Puckers Pickles score 83
- Sweet Pickles – 2nd Backyard Briners – score 82
- Dilly beans – 1st place Jered Haag score 76
- Dilly Beans – 2nd place Perry’s Pickles score 69
- Pickled Fruit – 1st place Spacey Tracy’s Pickles score 83 (Pickled Pineapple)
- Pickled Fruit – 2nd place Lorraine Fritch-Chipko Score 81 (Cherry BBQ Dipping sauce)
- Pickled Root Vegetable – 1st Place Robert Fritch score 91 (Pickled Onions)
- Pickled Root Vegetable – 2nd Place Alekz Obry score 84 (Pickled Beets & Onions)
- Pickled Vegetables – 1st Place Spacey Tracy’s Pickles score 90 ( Mixed Garden vegetables)
- Pickled Vegetables – 2nd Place Pucker’s Pickles score 85
- Best of Show – Spacey Tracy’s Pickles
REGISTER FOR THE CONTEST ON THE DAY OF THE PICKLE FESTIVAL BY 11:45 am
- Please submit 2 jars of the same item for each entry. (One jar is for display, one jar is for the judges.)
- The Jars should be labeled with ONLY what category it is to be considered for.
- Jars must be unopened with a proper seal. Wax or broken seals will not be accepted.
- Entry forms are available at the door and online for downloading. Click to download a word doc To download a PDF
- Judging is blind and you will be assigned a number for each entry.
- Contestants may enter as many categories as they wish.
- Contestants are limited to a total of one submission per category.
- Scoring is 1 – 10 points for appearance, flavor, quality, and texture. Total 40 points.
- Best of Show is based on overall score – tiebreaker is the consensus of the judges.
- Entries must be submitted by 11:45 am and Judging begins at noon.
- Winners are announced at 3:00 pm in the Rec Center building.
- Prizes awarded are first and second place in each category and one Best in Show award.
THE PICKLING CATEGORIES
- DILL PICKLES
- SWEET PICKLES
- DILLY BEANS
- PICKLED FRUIT
- PICKLED ROOT VEGETABLES
- PICKLED VEGETABLES
- BEST OF SHOW
Later in the Afternoon we have the PICKLE TRIATHLON. We will award first and second place winners for each category. It starts with Pickle Eating Contest, where contestants try to eat a small jar of Mt. Olive Pickle Spears. Next is the Pickle Juice Drinking Contest, where contestants get to drink 24 oz. of pickle juice through a Big Bore Straw. Lastly we have a Team Event, the Pickle Tossing Contest. The Team consists of a pitcher, who tosses a pickle chip to the catcher, who catches the chip in their mouth, then it is spurted into the Counter’s Jar. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the contests.
or take The Adirondack Trailways Bus,
which stops in Rosendale, directly across the street from the Pickle Fest!
…AND NOW FOR A COMMERCIAL BREAK
THANK YOU FOR ADVERTISING IN OUR PROGRAM!
- Pickle, (ad in the shape of a pickle) 2.25” wide x .75” tall, $35.00
- 1/8 page ad, 3.625” wide x 2.25” tall, $60.00
- 1/4 page ad, 3.75” wide x 5” tall, $100.00
- 1/2 page ad, 7.75” wide x 5” tall, $175.00
- Full page 8 1/2” x 11” $340.00
- Front Inside Cover, $375.00
- Back Inside Cover, $375.00
- Back Cover, $400.00
EMAIL YOUR AD TO OUR GRAPHIC DESIGNER: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable file formats: pdf, tiff and jpeg @ 300 dpi. COLOR DIGITAL FILES ACCEPTED.
Make check payable to PickleFest.
Mail your payment to PickleFest PO Box 533, Rosendale, NY 12472