The 19th Annual Rosendale International Pickle Festival
Celebrating 20 Years of Picklefest!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2017
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
or take The Adirondack Trailways Bus,
which stops in Rosendale, directly across the street from the Pickle Fest!
REGISTER THE DAY OF THE PICKLE FESTIVAL BY 11 am
HOME PICKLING CONTEST.
- Please submit 2 jars of the same item for each entry. (One jar is for display, one jar is for the judges.)
- The Jars should be labeled with: YOUR name, address, phone #, area code included, Email address and What They Are.
- You are limited to a total of 3 submissions in any category.
- If you are not going to be in the area on the day of the Pickle Festival, you can drop your entries off in advance by contacting Mr. Bill Brooks email firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a drop-off appointment.
- Entries must be submitted by 11 am and Judging begins at noon.
THE PICKLING CATEGORIES (limited to 3 categories per entrant)
- DILL PICKLES
- SWEET PICKLES
- PICKLED ONIONS/GARLIC
- DILLY BEANS
- PICKLED FRUIT
- PICKLED BEETS
- PICKLED VEGGIES
- PICKLED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- FERMENTED LIQUID or SEMI-LIQUID PRODUCT
- BEST OF SHOW
Later in the Afternoon we have the PICKLE TRIATHLON. It starts with Pickle Eating Contest, where contestants try to eat a small jar of Mt. Olive Pickle Spears. First one wins the Gold, followed by Silver and Bronze. Next is the Pickle Juice Drinking Contest, where contestants get to drink 24 oz. of pickle juice through a Big Bore Straw, again with Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. Lastly we have a Team Event, the Pickle Tossing Contest. The Team consists of a pitcher, who tosses a pickle chip to the catcher, who catches the chip in their mouth, then it is spurted into the Counter’s Jar. Again we have Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. Children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to enter the contests.
To see our 2015 archived webpage listing contest winners and such CLICK HERE
…AND NOW FOR A COMMERCIAL BREAK
VENDORS CLICK HERE for information and application.
ADVERTISE IN OUR PROGRAM!
- Pickle, (ad in the shape of a pickle) 2.25” wide x .75” tall, $35.00
- 1/8 page ad, 3.625” wide x 2.25” tall, $60.00
- 1/4 page ad, 3.75” wide x 5” tall, $100.00
- 1/2 page ad, 7.75” wide x 5” tall, $175.00
- Full page 8 1/2” x 11” $340.00
- Front Inside Cover, $375.00
- Back Inside Cover, $375.00
- Back Cover, $400.00
The ad deadline is October 30
EMAIL YOUR AD TO OUR GRAPHIC DESIGNER: email@example.com
Acceptable file formats: pdf, tiff and jpeg @ 300 dpi. COLOR DIGITAL FILES ACCEPTED.
Make check payable to PickleFest.
Mail your payment to PickleFest PO Box 533, Rosendale, NY 12472